1. If you're having login issues, please try resetting your password.
    Dismiss Notice

Brakes Locked Up

Discussion in 'General Rampage Discussions' started by Kebema, May 5, 2011.

1. Kebema

Kebema Junior Member

I have no idea what just happened. I was driving the XB and all of of sudden it just stopped dead in its tracks. The engine was still running and rev'd up just fine, but the wheels locked up and would not go. Upon closer inspection, it appears that the brakes have locked up, although i'm not 100% sure. I just know that the lever that the brake servo linkage runs through absolutely will not move. Its stuck and refuses to let go.

It seems as though once I get one thing fixed, something else goes wrong or breaks! I appreciate any kind of help I can get with this particular issue as I am really not sure what to do about it. Thanks!

2. Kebema

Kebema Junior Member

Nevermind everyone! :D I went ahead and just started taking things apart around the brakes. Evidently when I did so, something shook loose and the brakes started working again. Something must have got caught in there. I should learn to investigate a little more before I post a message for help. :D

Thanks everyone!

3. DemonRC

DemonRC Senior Member

Sometimes the two setscrews on the center tranny bulkhead backoff and leave the brakes really weak. It also lets them flop around more than normal. I've had a brake disc go crooked and get wedged 2 or 3 times. I bet thats what happened with you.

4. Chapel Hill fpv

Chapel Hill fpv New Member

yep, had this happen just now, I agree with what I have heard over and over, you fix one problem and another comes up almost directly. I am leaning on the side of this is a expensive piece of garbage but, the motor is so solid so far i'm still undecided.
    The new 8 shoe race clutch works marvelously and is the reason I figured out my breaks were locking up. The clutch engages so nicely that there is no slip and it pulled even though the breaks were dragging hard. made smoke from the pads too.

• Welcome to Redcat Rampage Forum

Redcat Rampage Forum is a Redcat Rampage RC fan site that was started to give Redcat RampageRC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Redcat RC product line.

We welcome all Redcat Rampage RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer