• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brakes lock shortly after starting motor

Hey guys and gals i have an issue that has stumped me with my MT. I turn on the radio and the truck without the motor running and everything works fine, everything responds to the remote with no issues but if i start the motor the gas and brake servo locks down the brakes as if the radio was shut off or died. Now before its said I've charged the battery on the truck as well put brand new out of the box batteries in the remote so i know its not a low battery issue on either side. Any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated!!

Deluge

Did your vehicle come with an onboard failsafe? Or is it built in with the radio? If it's built in, I'd trying rebinding the system with the failsafe at neutral and go from there. If it came with an onboard failsafe, junk it. If that doesn't help, try replacing the spark plug. A bad plug will cause interference with the radio system. Let us know how it goes.

It came with it built in but also came with one as well. I havent installed the one it came with simply because there is so much wire to try to get in the battery box as it is without it and if i turn the remote off or the batteries die the brakes engage. Anyways its weird after i start the truck the brakes engage i turn the radio off and the truck on t he radio on and the truck on and it works again until i come to a stop for more than a couple seconds and they engage again. Ive checked connections and checked for moisture everything as far as that goes is good.

Deluge

Rebind it without setting the fail safe, you don't need it with these vehicles as they require an actual engine kill switch. Like I said, if that doesn't help, try a new spark plug. There have been quite a few Rampages that have shipped with bad plugs, so it's not totally uncommon. But before you even try to run it, install an actual kill switch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts