• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brake Help

DonJoJo

Wutsup everyone... I have a brand new XT in the garage and im down due to my brakes.. I have all but three tanks on the kit and the brakes were binding up right from the get go.. I put my own Futaba 3pk radio in before i evem started the engine for the first time.. i adjusted the servos and linkages accordingly..Whenever i went from brake to neutral, the brakes would stay slightly engaged and not retract to the neutral position.. After tinkering with the brake cam or arm so that i would have stopping power and the cam would retract off the rotors, i was out of meat.. I got it to work properly and after about 1/2 tank, i lost my brakes entirely.. i can literally engage the cam with my finger and do 360 degrees without engaging the brakes.. is there thicker rotors to purchase or a meatier cam that anyone knows about?? any helo would be appreciated thanks!

DemonRC

Your setscrews backed out of the inner bulkhead which push against the innermost pad. Put some longer ones in with some locktite and they won't move again.

DonJoJo

thanks demon, i did exactly what u said here as soon as i read ur other post.. its funny that i did word for word what u told me to do, before i actually read this!! see great minds think alike

Stricnine

i had opposite problem, what a pain in the butt trying to get a little allen wrench in there for those grub screws. i cut the allen in half to fit it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts