• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brake Adjustment Screws Backing Out?

DemonRC

The only thing I haven't tried is green locktite, JB Weld, or welding them in. I'm sure the brake pads are getting hot and the heat is transfering to the adj screws and turning the red locktite to liquid. Problem is I don't have a solution. Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas?

max 1

catchaser said:
the Only Thing I Haven't Tried Is Green Locktite, Jb Weld, Or Welding Them In. I'm Sure The Brake Pads Are Getting Hot And The Heat Is Transfering To The Adj Screws And Turning The Red Locktite To Liquid. Problem Is I Don't Have A Solution. Anybody Else Have This Problem? Any Ideas?
I Have Not Had That Problem ,u Might Try Going To Ac Hardwer And Finding Some Lock Nunts To Thead On Them.might Work.

Clubin

Banned
You must be refering to the aluminum gear plate, all I did with mine is blue loctite the setscrews, I haven't had any problems witht he setscrews backing out. Are your pads dragging, there shouldn't be any real excessive heat there.

DemonRC

From neutral to open throttle the car will freeroll down the driveway with a slight push so the brakes aren't dragging. I think I'm going to pull the adj screws out again and clean up the holes and pour a gallon of red locktite in there again. If that won't hold again then I'll just put longer bolts in then grind the ends of the bolts to the correct length. It won't be adjustable anymore but then again I did all my adjustments with the radio and linkage.

Sprint 77 said:
take the set srew out and run a 10 mm long socket head cap screw with a nut as a lock problem solved. That is how I solved mine and Flintman too.
Ahh you just posted this when I posted. I'll give the locktite one more go and then I'll be doing what you suggested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts