• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best servos

AlvaSpeed

What are the best servos for a Rampage TT?

I have been told to go with Hitec

5745 MG for steering

645 MG for Throttle/brake

what else is available? don't care if it is more expensive.

AlvaSpeed

I put a HPI Baja steering servo but had to make a plate because this servo is larger than the Redcat's. I want to take it out from the car.

I want one that can be bolted on without modifications.

kryptonite

if your running the standard plastic servo mount, you will need to modify the mounting hole slightly. i think its the same with the 5b, but i don't remember. the hpi servo case is slightly diffrent and the same with the redcats standard gws servo's. i just trimed the lower mounting hole and used the 2 top holes only. it keeps the servo off the chassis and lets water pass thru. i didnt have a problem with the width, but i have to remove the intire assembly and slide the servo in from the bottom. you can get the futaba servo bracket for a perfect fit from r-hopups.

jigawatt

the price is in the high 30s for the aluminum bracket... I think I'll just order 2 pairs of the plastics and give it a shot. Cant really go wrong that way, but then again it's more convenient to go with the aluminum in the end.

hamster huey

Digital 5745 for steering-servo cases are available at servo city $10 if you need spares or have to trim the ears. Digital tower hobbies ts160-metal gear $45, made by hobbico/hitec-uses their metal geartrain for parts replacement-specs .14 and 131 @6v. Im not sure but I heard Rhino is made by hobbico/hitec also.

hamster huey

Thats cool the Rhino has a larger spline. I did notice the smallish spline on the 5745 and wondered if it would handle it but so far no problems! Jinx!

DHERICC

if im goin to change my...steering servo to hitec 5745....is there any modification...thanks

kryptonite

from the stock servo? youll have to trim the lower "tit" on the chassis mounting bracket. you can only install the servo from the bottom. it wont slide in becouse of the wire. so remove the hole brackit, install the servo and re-install on the chassis. it will be tight getting the last 2 chassis screws in but they will fit using the the stock set-up..

DHERICC

kryptonite said:
from the stock servo? youll have to trim the lower "tit" on the chassis mounting bracket. you can only install the servo from the bottom. it wont slide in becouse of the wire. so remove the hole brackit, install the servo and re-install on the chassis. it will be tight getting the last 2 chassis screws in but they will fit using the the stock set-up..
thanks bro for the info great help....

DemonRC

kryptonite said:
youll have to trim the lower "tit" on the chassis mounting bracket.
"tit" huh? I think you just came up with the official word used for now on :) I've always wondered what the hell to call that thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts