• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best budget 3ch or 4ch radio setup?

nimblecook

New to the 1/5th arena and I've already had some glitches with throttle and brakes here and there, and have red horror stories. So I ordered a Killer Bee Kill Switch and now need a 3ch or 4ch budget friendly radio setup. Found $40 3ch FlySky setups, are they any good?

designed2survive

You did the right thing with the killer bee!

I had a flysky radio and never had any issue with it. But I went with a futaba radio for total piece of mind. They are very reliable with great range.

My suggestion:

3 channel Futaba 3PRKA
4 channel Futaba 4PLS

nimblecook

Man oh man, I appreciate the feedback, and I'm still torn. I stumbled upon the Radiolink RC4G and am really intrigued, tons of functions, 4ch, the gyro seems like a good thing, and then found you can adjust the idle remotely, and more... If anyone has used one or knows about them let me know. For my budget it's this or the FlySky GT3C I believe. I'll add a link for the Radiolink RC4G Overview below.

crankestein

Banned
Flysky, dime a dozen, easy to work on, does not break the bank. Tons of youtube videos to customize to your needs, etc.

rawb4291

IMG_0357.jpg
New to the 1/5th arena and I've already had some glitches with throttle and brakes here and there, and have red horror stories. So I ordered a Killer Bee Kill Switch and now need a 3ch or 4ch budget friendly radio setup. Found $40 3ch FlySky setups, are they any good?
I just order this 1 to replace a old am radio. It was $32

crankestein

Banned
I got the same one. Did the steering bearing mod and thats about it.
Still pending the lipo mod, screen mod, battery cut-off mod. And there are tons other and goes deeper into programming and adding tons of more features. To me thats technology, open source and available to the public.

The good thing about it is that many rtr rc like the Vkar Byson, Redcat Blackout, come w Flysky receivers, although rebagged to their company.

I currently have the following on one radio;
1/8th nitro buggy
1/12th on-road nitro HPI RS4 mini
1/10th Blackout Pro (w Redcat receiver and ESC)
1/5th X2 (5ive clone)

And still have like 7 more memory slots. Have had mine for about 3 years now. Buy rechargeable batteries from Harbor Freight (super durable) or Ebay blue Tenergy brand.

crankestein

Banned
Sounds all good, but buck per buck Flysky.

No question is high quality, much better than FS, but for such application its more than enough. Plus, there are tons of mods / upgrades that can be done to the Flysky brand. The videos and tutorials are endless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts