• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best break in procedure

celm

I just got my huge bad boy MT,whats the best break in procedure you guys do? or should I go by what the book says?

PrjctStrtFrce

One tank idle with the wheels off the ground. Then a tank at slow speeds. A couple tanks at 1/4-1/2 throttle. Then have fun.

I'm sure others will chime in with similar or slightly different methods.

celm

we can use 93 octane correct

more people chime in please

REVOlutionary Rampage

I broke my engine in a few years ago. If i remember right, all i did was just leisurely drive around and not pin the throttle for a tank or two, and 3 years later still on the same engine.

I would go with an oil for a dirtbike like a Klotz etc...or for a chainsaw or weedwacker engine. your oil seems like its more for plane engines. I would hate to run that oil and have it not work as well as advertised. I run a chainsaw 2 stroke oil in my truck with no problems as of yet.

I run 25:1 in my truck with no problems. I wouldn't run less than that unless you know engines really really well

I think the safe zone is usually 25-32:1 after that tuning gets tricky and you can damage your engine if too lean and it will be a PITA to start if too rich.

I run just regular gas through mine. I didn't really notice much of a difference between the two when I tried the higher grade stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

celm

REVOlutionary Rampage said:
I broke my engine in a few years ago. If i remember right, all i did was just leisurely drive around and not pin the throttle for a tank or two, and 3 years later still on the same engine.I would go with an oil for a dirtbike like a Klotz etc...or for a chainsaw or weedwacker engine. your oil seems like its more for plane engines. I would hate to run that oil and have it not work as well as advertised. I run a chainsaw 2 stroke oil in my truck with no problems as of yet.

I run 25:1 in my truck with no problems. I wouldn't run less than that unless you know engines really really well

I think the safe zone is usually 25-32:1 after that tuning gets tricky and you can damage your engine if too lean and it will be a PITA to start if too rich.

I run just regular gas through mine. I didn't really notice much of a difference between the two when I tried the higher grade stuff.
royal purpe has 2 stroke oil would that be good,or use the crap load of 2 stoke oil I got from sears for my weed whacker?

REVOlutionary Rampage

I use this.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/album.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2861

I have been using it for as long as I have had the truck and no problems yet.

This might help as well.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=11650&highlight=stroke+oils

I would go with a name brand oil instead of a generic no name, just for if nothing else, the fact that the oil is going to be a good quality well tested oil. It is more money, I wouldn't want to have a problem with my engine because of the oil.

topblissgt

I use Redmax(made by Zenoah) for 2 stroke mix (20:1 for break in) in Trufuel 4 stroke 92 octane fuel which has no ethanol and a 5 year + shelf life so you can leave the fuel in the car. It works great. After 3 tanks of break in (idle 1.5 tanks, short 1/4 throttle bursts 1 more tank) I went to 20:1.

http://www.amickssuperstore.com/RedMax_Oil_6_Pack_of_2_5_Gallon_Mix_p/redmax%202.5%20gal%20mix%20oil.htm

http://www.hardwareonlinestore.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=72055&virtuemart_category_id=71406&Itemid=1&gclid=CLjxmZvE4r4CFQNqOgodhlsAsQ

phreerider

927 castor by maxima. NO CARBON!

when breaking new stuff, easy running varying throttle action NO FULL BORE!

do easy 10min. ....stop.... cool down another 10min. ...stop ...cool down

then add time to each cycle 11min. cool down 12min. 13min cool down etc..

allow cool down each time , about 1 gallon should do it, try to stay on the rich side of carb adjustments . start tuning for peak on 2ND gallon and should really have nice snappy throttle action and full bore should rip up quick, once you get full bore and rich crackle at the top of the rev ...use TINY adjustment at operating temp to lean out but stay close to the rich side !

Deluge

When I break in my engines I do a few warm up laps and go hard from there. I've never felt the need to baby them. The more load you put on it, the better the ring seats against the cylinder wall, and the less blow by you have. Just keep the needles at factory settings while you run it in and you're good. I tune by the second tank.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts