• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Belt drive and carbon wing.

G

Those wings are made by the same manufacture as our belt drives. They are about $100. I did not feel anyone would buy one at that price. If anyone wants one I can bring them in.

rcgasser

That does look sharp with the complete wing being carbon fiber should hold up better then this I had this wing on for about 10 mins 1 roll over from being pushed into the wall at the track and it was finished LOL.

wing.jpg

G

These are the two that are manufactured. A similar size to the stock version and a wider version.

-

23fcf693.jpg

ef1b30fd.jpg

Deluge

rcgasser said:
That does look sharp with the complete wing being carbon fiber should hold up better then this I had this wing on for about 10 mins 1 roll over from being pushed into the wall at the track and it was finished LOL. wing.jpg
Lol! That's gnarly.

DUFFY

100 is a lot. I won't buy one until after i get new batts, motor , servos, reciever pack,and esc for my sc build. Pretty low on the scale for me lol. Then maybe my buggy can get some love. It would look sick. They should of used colored carbon fiber. Red or blue would of been tight. I would rather a carbon fiber body ehehe.

G

Very true. I get into the several thousand $ range on every build.

If they are tough it's well worth it. If they snap on a rollover, then no. The plastic wings are durable and only 20% of the cost.

G

Deluge said:
The thing with CF is it doesn't really have any give. It doesn't bend or break, it just breaks.
Yep. I think they would be ok on the electrics but the gassers are heavier. I don't know if they would withstand a 40mph hit by a 30lb car.

DUFFY

Well I think it's a lot considering I can get a good servo for 100. My sc grafil body was around 100 on the 4th of July sale so huge body vs small wing for about 100.. The cost of the wing vs the total cost of my race build im planing is small, I understand that. My build will cost around 1200 but evey single buck is on electronics and so on that are important. Like for 100 I can get one 7075rc diff box vs a wing. Or a hobbyking 4s 8000mah. I just don't see it worth my money. I'm not saying its not cool, just to me I got to draw the line on the frills here and there.

Deluge

Agreed. Not worth it. Just sayin' that $100 isn't so bad when it comes to 5th scales.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts