• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery for Redcat Racing Review

Flora

Banned Users
Review About Gens ace hardcase 5000mAh lipo 2S1P 50C/100C 7.4v lipo battery

I've had this battery for a few weeks now and have used it daily. I can honestly say this battery straight up smokes the competition. I've been racing RC's for years now and have always stuck with Traxxas and Venom batteries. I've never had any issues with either brand but i never felt like i got much run time out of them. I decided to grab this Gens Ace battery after reading online that they are reliable and cost efficient. I was not disappointed. In fact i was left shocked. I use this battery on a Rustler VXL and with my current gearing i used tp get roughly 30 minutes of run time and a top speed of 57mph. With the Gens Ace battery, at minimum i get 45 minutes of run time and the most I've gotten was a little over 1 hour. What i was most impressed about was the new top speed of 64mph. Overall this is great battery and i have no complaints.

helloman1976

Review About Gens ace hardcase 5000mAh lipo 2S1P 50C/100C 7.4v lipo battery

I've had this battery for a few weeks now and have used it daily. I can honestly say this battery straight up smokes the competition. I've been racing RC's for years now and have always stuck with Traxxas and Venom batteries. I've never had any issues with either brand but i never felt like i got much run time out of them. I decided to grab this Gens Ace battery after reading online that they are reliable and cost efficient. I was not disappointed. In fact i was left shocked. I use this battery on a Rustler VXL and with my current gearing i used tp get roughly 30 minutes of run time and a top speed of 57mph. With the Gens Ace battery, at minimum i get 45 minutes of run time and the most I've gotten was a little over 1 hour. What i was most impressed about was the new top speed of 64mph. Overall this is great battery and i have no complaints.

In my experience Gens Ace is top of the line when you consider what you get for the price. There are other batteries out there that are better but you'll be paying double what you pay for a Gens for about 10% or less better performance so they just aren't worth it for "bashers". If you are racing and it counts then go for it but for me, I use only Gens Ace more or less. Right now I have 2 x 3S - 5500mah in series in my Rampage XBE and it is stupid fast and runs a long time compared to the lipos they send you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.