• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bashing,Crashing & Fails

BertR

I figured that I would cut up some vids to show what I put my cat through in a summer's time... The only things that went belly up was a broken shock shaft and a wire on the RX battery broke and kept triggering the kill switch on landings. Enjoy!

WARNING... Severe wind noise in some clips

BertR

claude bigelow said:
Great video!!! I never ran in the sand, what tires are you using?
RC4WD Dune reaper rears and sand buster T paddles for the sand ...if I'm not in the sand its reaper rears on all 4. It was cool that I caught that long ass cartwheel with the stooge cam on my head lol.

claude bigelow

BertR said:
RC4WD Dune reaper rears and sand buster T paddles for the sand ...if I'm not in the sand its reaper rears on all 4. It was cool that I caught that long ass cartwheel with the stooge cam on my head lol.
I hear you, I've done many cartwheels but with my luck my cars usually end up in pieces.Lol

jandmt

Cool video indeed! I'm jellous! It's been 100F+ here for the last week with no end in sight! Can't wait for it to cool down a bit so I can take my DR for some bashing!

Silent_chaos

Awesome vid. I saw you were running stock chassis. Isn't it bent yet?

BertR

Silent_chaos said:
Awesome vid. I saw you were running stock chassis. Isn't it bent yet?
I'm thinking this is the last season for the chassis lol. I plan to do a complete beef up over the winter.

BertR

Phill said:
Great stuff Bert
Thanks Phill...I found a spot on the footage with the cat idling at my feet warming for a bash and I believe you can hear the ring letting go with a few metal on metal pops like popcorn popping in a metal bowl. I remember hearing something but figured it was a rock in the flywheel.... Maybe/maybe not. Who knows!

Phill

BertR said:
Thanks Phill...I found a spot on the footage with the cat idling at my feet warming for a bash and I believe you can hear the ring letting go with a few metal on metal pops like popcorn popping in a metal bowl. I remember hearing something but figured it was a rock in the flywheel.... Maybe/maybe not. Who knows!
You never know Bert that might have been it.

If it was it was going pretty well all the same

phreerider

Good stuff man! I hear the ringing in there, exhaust resonance maybe, prolly a thin spot in pipe somewhere or clutch bell ping one spring maybe stretched or cracking at the bend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts