• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Baja v4 project

BertR

designed2survive said:
Thanks! Surprisingly the weight is 39.8 lbs ready to run. So I'm still in the 30's lol :D . But that's without the body panels :mad: . Got some 2 mm thick ABS sheet to play with, just can't decide if I want panels within the cage or a wrap around. Trying to finish it before it gets too cold so I can actually see how it performs.
You better hurry lol. My toys are all getting some bench time while mother nature gets her act together with the 12 inches of snow and 2? outside that we were left with. I'm sure your build is a great on performance.

designed2survive

BertR said:
You better hurry lol. My toys are all getting some bench time while mother nature gets her act together with the 12 inches of snow and 2? outside that we were left with. I'm sure your build is a great on performance.
I know! We got lucky or even spoiled here this year. Will see how it goes!

designed2survive

Trimmed the nose down. Sits lower now and has a better cage front flow in my opinion.

Before

image_zpsejwgdyrv.jpe

After

image_zpszurgg5dr.jpe

image_zpsi3hgt3bw.jpe

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

since the framing is present and gives ideal edges. a mesh/fabric/ripstop elastic cover.

ultra easy on/off. you can wash it, it keeps junk out as good if not better by tighter elastic type fit. a 1/10 of the cost and effort.

AND you could have pockets to hold rigid panels inside with open centers for sticker/banners and stuff ...a shroud is easy AND the shape is already there! white with black mesh for window panels...or checker patterns kinda endless

AND, never break!

phreerider

save plastic for hub mount wheel covers...if you wanted to control that.

still man ...shroud! the frame is begging for it.

designed2survive

phreerider said:
save plastic for hub mount wheel covers...if you wanted to control that.still man ...shroud! the frame is begging for it.
Thanks for the input, Pheerider!

I'm putting this build on hold.

Accidentally I rested the cage on my XCD project, liked the look and wondered why not.

So I started a new project and will share it soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.