• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Baja disc brakes ?

Kaz the Minotaur

Here is one for you guys that do all the custom mod stuff: Do you think these Baja disc brakes could be made to fit either the front or rear hub carriers of the Rampage?

http://integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=6456&p_catid=126

I am contemplating converting by Rampage to brushless by running a pinion to a different spur modded onto the center locked diff. I will be eliminating the gear plate and all the gears and mechanical brakes. Most of the ESCs have brakes but I would like to have some mechanical brakes since this is a lot bigger than a LST2.

lumax

If you have your motor, try to short all three leads together... you will see how powerful will be your breaking power at 100% brake

If your motor is big enough, that shouldn't be an issue

What motor do you plan to use?

Kaz the Minotaur

I will probably use the 750 KV Neu 2215 on 10S.

You think ESC brakes will be enough with this motor?

lumax

From the spec I have seen on the net this is a 3.3HP (6.7 HP Peak)... 5000W of breaking power that sound good to me, I'm not an expert but I will certainly give it a try... still depend on the ESC ON state resistance for braking

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts