• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Baja 5B rear wheels

str8jailbird

OK, I kmow some of you folks have used the rear wheels off the 5B on the Ramp MT. I am seriously thinking about using mine (I need to get one more set of rear wheels). I am just curious as to how the truck handles with them. I know they are much lighter but what about steering, less ground clearance etc. I have 2 almost new sets of Badlands that would be going on them. Is it worth the conversion? I love the way the stock MT wheels look but those suckers are just so heavy. Any input would be appreciated.

DemonRC

RampageHopUps said:
I am ruinning the 5T Excavators for the Digger Dungeon Race. They handle excellent.
Just my opinion but I'd like the TT stockers. They are pretty dam light and hook up really well on the track. I bummed a set of excavators from a guy I know at the LHS and didn't like em too much on a hard pack. Really they seemed to be a good AT tire.... decent at running on everything but not great at any one thing. I had the most problems with them in dry weather where we had a slick top on top of hard pack. That was a nightmare. I put the TT stockers back on and there was a huge improvement.

If these knuckleheads down here in Houston ever get a 1/5 scale track together that isn't a 2 hour drive I think I'd prolly race with Desperado front rims with front Bowties. I ran all front rims last weekend and really liked the way my TT handled.

DemonRC

Of course nothing is more fun than running these...

Two words.... Rooster tails :)

Last edited by a moderator:

flint mann

Have ran hostile at's and mini mx's and rc4wd rough riders all did well. I liked the mini mx's the best though. I need to get another couple sets of rims before I can try the nightmare mx's.

hamster huey

I agree with cat chaser. Its multi purpose but does not excell anywhere particular. If I was to race on a track I personally would go with bowties. I run excavators with stock rear Baja axle hexes at all 4 corners. Its not as wide as the $60 kit but you can get stock baja rear axle hexes assemeblies for $13each so 2 sets to do front and rear $26! Shipped! But their not the widest. If I remember right when I weighed MT vs Excavators (both mounted on rims) the excavators were 8lbs lighter. Reducing rotating mass also increases acceleration alot. I have heard the TT tires are even lighter than the Excavators but don't know firsthand. I have never got stuck but I owe that to 4wd more than tire choice. If I was to run on snow I wouldnt want excavators.

DemonRC

I took my stock TT's to the LHS and compared em to Desperados prmounted to Bowties, Escavators, and Badlands. The TT's are the lightest by far. Alot of it has to do with the foams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts