• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

are plastic steering servo 5745 arms strong enough ??

aussie

hi guys

i was just wandering are the plastic servo arms on the hitec 5745 servos strong enough ??

as my blue alloy arms arnt really long enough so i thought i would use the longer plastic arms instead !!

thanks

glen

aussie

hi mate

thanks for your reply.

will that be long enough??

does it also use a small bolt in the middle as well or just the bolt on outer end edge ??

cheers

glen

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha2

Contributor
I'm going to use the cinch bolt as well as a center screw and these are 1.25" as compared to the normal 0.870" ones. I just measured my plastic servo arm and it's 1.00" center to center so the one I mentioned above should be perfect. Plus I have my EPA (End Point Adjustments) set so the steering arms don't bottom out on the steering mounts. So the "throw" is just right.

Cheers

Piranha2

Contributor
I have the unusual habit of landing on the right front and end up stripping the plastic arm out. I also hit the errant 4" rock (@ WOT) that litters the place where I run.

kg2mb

piranah the stud for the ball end is to big to fit thru any of the

holes of that arm,not enough material to drill it out,i tried it, still looking

for alloy servo arm that fits 5745mg and the 4-5mm bal stud.Rite now just using the stock hitec plastic arm,with proline excavators.

Piranha2

Contributor
KG, I've had to drill out all my plastic ones anyways. But thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll have MORE parts to go in the "forgotten" drawer (MOO)

hamster huey

I used the largest plastic arm that has 2 sides on it (like on a throttle/brake servo). I sawed off one side, drilled out the very end hole and ran the ball stud through it with lock nut. I think the arm came with the 5745. It is pretty big.

Piranha2

Contributor
hamster huey said:
I used the largest plastic arm that has 2 sides on it (like on a throttle/brake servo). I sawed off one side, drilled out the very end hole and ran the ball stud through it with lock nut. I think the arm came with the 5745. It is pretty big.
Yeah, that's what I did with mine but when I land nose down on the right front it strips the arm clean inside. Servo's fine but the arm gets stripped out.

Oscar33

Well 10 mins of driving and ive already stripped 2 sets of plastic arms :( anyone know any billet ones? i had billet come with the truck, but the splines are different size :(

roccos_van

hamster huey said:
me too; they work fine.

POWERSPORTS

Try using the blue arm that come with the servo. Cut off the one side & use it to make the side your using longer. Get some small screws that fit the treaded holes to hold it on.

IMG_1632.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/IMG_1632.jpg.a35b704a82ffdb60ea648a7def8f4365.jpg

387mudslinger

Contributor
aussie said:
hi guys
i was just wandering are the plastic servo arms on the hitec 5745 servos strong enough ??

as my blue alloy arms arnt really long enough so i thought i would use the longer plastic arms instead !!

thanks

glen
for some reason thay strip out on me with the 30.5.i just reved a small peace to the alum arm that came with it and 3 thank on it and steel going

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts