• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anybody else make rookie mistakes!

Gas Jocky

I did my once in a blue moon total tear down re and re this past week, I had it stripped to the last nut and bolt all spread out in front of me. So I'm putting it back together working on the center diff/brake assembly and I could not get it to mesh properly! An hour later after pulling the remaining hairs I have out I realized I installed one of the F/R diff pinions in instead the center diff pinion, they look almost Identical but there not! Duhh! :eek:

yolonda21

Contributor
I was just putting mine back together, and same thing , bad mesh. Mine was to tight, turns out I had the mount upside down.....☺

kryptonite

thats funny. i had a 4 page thread on "hbf". these guys were trying to help me for about 2 weeks!! my 5b would run for about 10minutes then pop and die.. wouldnt restart till the next day. so i put a little more fuel in. run for 10min pop and die.. all week.. i had a dyed black fuel tank.. i was only putting in 10 min worth of fuel.. :eek: . i filled it till it spilled and it ran for 45 minutes straight:eek:

Piranha2

Contributor
Have you put your lower A-arms on backwards yet? How about forgetting the spring on your recoil? Differential in backwards so the drivetrain is locked? The only lower arm (pin) brace that's different from the others in the wrong place? Piston in backwards? How about trying to get a lock-tited wheelnut off and it's so tight that the wheel spins and pinches your finger in between the wheel and the steering mount (OUCH!!!!).......and I still keep forgetting to bring my radio when I go run the truck!

Piranha2

Contributor
Aren't you the one that hit a skidsteer? I've only hit my car and myself so far. Oh wait, you hit yourself too!

Clubin

Banned
Piranha2 said:
Have you put your lower A-arms on backwards yet? How about forgetting the spring on your recoil? Differential in backwards so the drivetrain is locked? The only lower arm (pin) brace that's different from the others in the wrong place? Piston in backwards? How about trying to get a lock-tited wheelnut off and it's so tight that the wheel spins and pinches your finger in between the wheel and the steering mount (OUCH!!!!).......and I still keep forgetting to bring my radio when I go run the truck!
ROFL you need to stop taking your stuff apart. lol

I have forgotten my radio, but I never forget the RYE/COKE.

DemonRC

My #1 rookie mistake is letting my wife drive the car. She's busted every car I've let her run. Even my 6 year old knows better than that.

hamster huey

I was in hurry one time on my lunch break when I first got it. Could not figure out why it wouldnt start. Engine was cold. Checked everything. Choke was open on cold engine. I guess thats how I learn. Another time after a 3-4 beers I slammed the neighbors trash cart HARD! Going down the sidewalk at almost top speed. If you drink beer you know the feeling comfortable-confidence and close calls. I kept going back and forth faster and faster trying to better my 'lap' time. Got way too close to the cart to shave some time instead of going wide around it. Neighbors must enjoy me with the RC cars. Sometimes Ill be out at midnight in the summer with the leds headlight and taillight electric cars. It hard not to hit parked cars in the street at midnight!

pup1970

If you have never done a stupid rookie mistake after runnig for some time, you are to meticulious and uptight to have any fun. I took my boy out with our baja's to the park and told him if he hit any of the obsticals , he would bend a frame and he would be done. Damned if it wasn't 30 seconds later, i pulled full throttle and a tree jumped right infront of me. DOH! I was done!

pipeous

I have been plugging my breather line to keep fumes down in shop. I was showing a group how the picco switch worked and had some trouble keeping it running until gord says, are you going to take the plug out of the line? DOH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts