• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aftermarket Air filter that Actually fits

Knightrider955

Ive had my Rampage MT for about a month. Thought the stock air cleaner was junk so I bought a HPI Baja one and it doesn't fit without interfering with the throttle servo and linkage. Is there a good aftermarket one that fits??

talunceford

Knightrider955 said:
Ive had my Rampage MT for about a month. Thought the stock air cleaner was junk so I bought a HPI Baja one and it doesn't fit without interfering with the throttle servo and linkage. Is there a good aftermarket one that fits??
You might look at this one. It is the one that I ended up using on mine. Mind you, I don't have the factory engine any longer, but I don't see why this one wouldn't work just fine.

http://www.davesmotors.com/DT1-Large-Scale-RC-Foam-Filter-Triple-Flow-DT1-1003.html

RampageHopUps

The Baja filter is best. Move the linkage to the bottom of the horn and that should give you enough clearance.

andyken

G-Man

andyken said:
I just got the angled stack and stock hpi filter with the outerwears prefilter. The plastic hpi retainer rotates around while driving hitting the throttle linkage still. Plus for some reason it also makes it very hard to start cold where it had NO problems before. Almost not worth the hassle or money. Like $90 for everything. Did not notice performance gain when it wasn't impeding the throttle linkage. The housing rotates around through vibration.When I installed it was clearing fine then running it I noticed it wouldn't accelerate properly so I looked at it, the Outerwears label was facing down not up any more and the clip on the retaining ring housing was on the linkage. Sure I can move the linkage to the bottom as Rob suggested earlier, but I thought that was the purpose of the angled stack for clearance and ease of use issues. But the hard to start issue is most frustrating and it seems I am the only one to have this problem after the upgrades. Made an ass out of me at my buddies when it wouldn't start but his Kingmotor did with the same fuelie engine.

westsiderkg

Daredevils did you buy just the DT1 triple filter and it fit right on your carb or did you have to buy an adapter also?

Second that. I now have a useless dt1 filter at the moment without the correct velocity stack no way to mount it! A little help fellows? Tks.

G-Man

I use the Hpi baja filter. You have to use an angled shred stack to tilt the filter up away from the linkage. Also if you haven't already, get an aluminum insulator block, the plastic one likes to warp over time

Attachments

• 20170428_212223.jpg
    20170428_212223.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 30

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts