• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

A/B Steel Needed! 25T Steel Discontinued?!!!!

hamster huey

I think everyone is getting annoyed by the geartrain heat issue. The bandaid appears to be the aluminum gear plate w/ no gear cover or gear cover w/ holes drilled for cooling. When I buy an RC car I buy two of whichever type: like 2 1/10 electrics, 2 1/5 gasoslines, 2 1/8 brushless. That way if i bring a pair and one breaks I can still drive the spare! My gas ones are 5B and Rampage right now. If it wasnt for the rampages gear problems I would have 2 rampages. I love the rampage more but the 5B seems to be more reliable. When my friends see the rampage broken they tease me and I cannot convince any future rampage owners if they think its weak! So when are we getting a/b steel gears? And are the 25t steel gears really dicontinued?!!!

kryptonite

i here what you are saying. im a 2 fisted rc'er as well(1 rc in each hand) i come from the 5b family, but i really enjoy the 4wd's.. so we parted ways. i don't have a gear problem with the mt,but my tt blast's thru gears pretty frequently. im convinced that it doesn't matter if we run the alum gear plate or not. were still gona melt gears if we run a full gear cover(wich is nice).. hopefully someone will correct me if im wrong couse i cant find the post, but i remember rob saying he was not making any more c/d's becouse redcat was coming out with ther own metal gear set.. not sure wich ones, but hopefully all 4(a/b/c/d).. and hopefully soon..

CAT5MFG

Contributor
I put all steel MCD gears on mine. I run the 23/26 gear combo on the C/D and 30/30 gears on the A/B. The 23/26 are sold as a set, but the 30's have to be purchased as a 30/33 gear combo twice! Ouch. Problem solved.

If you can hold out for RedCat's steel gears, I'm sure the cost will be less. If you're tired of trashing gears and enjoy the Rampage as much as me, there are options.

I wish Rob hadn't stopped making the 25's so soon. Bummer.

Z

ZielkeRacing

CAT5MFG said:
I put all steel MCD gears on mine. I run the 23/26 gear combo on the C/D and 30/30 gears on the A/B. The 23/26 are sold as a set, but the 30's have to be purchased as a 30/33 gear combo twice! Ouch. Problem solved.
If you can hold out for RedCat's steel gears, I'm sure the cost will be less. If you're tired of trashing gears and enjoy the Rampage as much as me, there are options.

I wish Rob hadn't stopped making the 25's so soon. Bummer.
How much are the MCD steel gears?? I am getting prices on monday for gears but if MCD offers the steels that would be great!

Piranha2

Contributor
Roughly $237 and some change, and that's because you have to buy 2 30/33's as stated above by CAT.

hamster huey

RampageHopUps said:
There is a reason I am not machining gears you know. By the time you have them done, Redcat will be in stock. Just trying to save you some money.
Appearantly we should not try to find a substitute, just be pateint and wait for redcat. I just hope we can get the full range especially 29/31 or 27/33!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts