• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

8k clutch spring

Brimor

Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone has put a 8k clutch spring in their stock clutch. Benefits or drawbacks to doing so. Thanks

designed2survive

Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone has put a 8k clutch spring in their stock clutch. Benefits or drawbacks to doing so. Thanks

@Brimor The 8k spring will allow the engine to rev higher before the clutch engages the clutch bell. It will give you more take of power.

The 8k doesn't have draw backs in my opinion and is the ideal spring for most of the engines out there up to 34cc.

When you go to 9.5k spring, that's were you may run into issues like over heating, burnt or broken clutches depending on the engine.

Overall 8k is the way to go if you still have the stock 5-6k spring. You'll love the take off.

I personally use 9.5k on all of my engines and have had only one instance of overheating clutch and that was with my Stock Zenoah g320rc. Which is weird as it has yet to happen with my full mod OBR g340 reed.

Brimor

@Brimor The 8k spring will allow the engine to rev higher before the clutch engages the clutch bell. It will give you more take of power.

The 8k doesn't have draw backs in my opinion and is the ideal spring for most of the engines out there up to 34cc.

When you go to 9.5k spring, that's were you may run into issues like over heating, burnt or broken clutches depending on the engine.

Overall 8k is the way to go if you still have the stock 5-6k spring. You'll love the take off.

I personally use 9.5k on all of my engines and have had only one instance of overheating clutch and that was with my Stock Zenoah g320rc. Which is weird as it has yet to happen with my full mod OBR g340 reed.
Thanks for the great answer, so I don't have to replace the stock clutch shoes do I? I can just replace the spring with an 8k one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts