• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

8 shoe race clutch

I just got in a new clutch for my MT, a 8 shoe race clutch by miponline . From overall looks it's promising. Will let you know once it installed and tested. 20170802_211103.jpg

helloman1976

I just got in a new clutch for my MT, a 8 shoe race clutch by miponline . From overall looks it's promising. Will let you know once it installed and tested. View attachment 13762

Looks really good, I don't like how the MT doesn't have much clearance though. It would be nice if they could get the body up off the ground or put even larger tires on it.

Any idea if those MT tires will fit my Rampage XBE?

Looks really good, I don't like how the MT doesn't have much clearance though. It would be nice if they could get the body up off the ground or put even larger tires on it.

Any idea if those MT tires will fit my Rampage XBE?

Not sure but I'll get mesurments and let you know, meanwhile check out the clutch in place. The results of this clutch were awesome. When the clutch engages there is no slippage at all and in fact it wants to pick the front end off the ground. My next project is the 2 speed transmission I found. This should allow it to actually get the front end off the ground.

Attachments

• 1569.jpeg
    1569.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 30

helloman1976

Not sure but I'll get mesurments and let you know, meanwhile check out the clutch in place. The results of this clutch were awesome. When the clutch engages there is no slippage at all and in fact it wants to pick the front end off the ground. My next project is the 2 speed transmission I found. This should allow it to actually get the front end off the ground.

Nice but I have to be honest, I know nothing about gas/nitro RC cars.

I was talking more about getting the entire body off the ground further in order to make more clearance, not really popping wheelies :)

Rickiebobby

Did you have to buy a different clutch bell as well to use the new clutch or is it still stock

G-Man

Been wondering about these clutches being used in the MT. What RPM is the clutch engagement?

Nice but I have to be honest, I know nothing about gas/nitro RC cars.

I was talking more about getting the entire body off the ground further in order to make more clearance, not really popping wheelies :)

You can crank down on the spring adjusters to get more high but, this will of course make it ride rough . There is also a closer spot to place the shock.

How do you like it?
It is awesome, when it kicks in it kicks hard. I have had no fade at all even though I found my breaks we're dragging. It smoked the breaks before I realized they were dragging.
This clutch is awesome and rebuildable however it is a bit pricy at around 160.

TPSF

Just to clarify it was a direct fit and your happy with it? Worth it? I want an upgrade that's indestructible I say the turtle racing but they don't fit.

Sorry guys been going like crazy on running the FPV side, been testing the redcat carbon 210 quadcopter as well. A redcat drone, who would have guessed it would have been as good.
Anyway it came to my attention that I did not answer some of your questions and I will get to them soon.
As a update, the clutch is still working, it was a direct fit, you can replace just the shoes and or springs and I have not had to do such
I still run the same shoes that came with the clutch and there is little difference in thier performance.
I have to find my invoice for it so I can tell you the place I got them but, will post that soon as well as answer more questions.
This truck was bought with the intention of a long range ground FPV vehicle but, has become a bigger project than I thought.
These things are awesome.
Have some serious ideas that I plan on trying including an electric motor/generator for reverse and charging the receiver pack for longer drive time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.