• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075 rc motor mount comb

Deluge

I know how that is. Too many projects going on at once. Lol. All part of the fun, though.

strodedawg

quick update will take some pics before end of week, spent about 4 hours laying out different configurations

set-up #1: 7075 rc

pros: rotation and mounting in the rotated position is very easy

can use stock dogbones

solid mount

cons: bracing the chassis, even with a thicker chassis this would be weaker than stock

set-up #2: losi diff with rc-monster five-t mount

pros: its a diff

good mount, not as solid as 7075 rc

needs custom rear dogbone

fits easily and sturdy - 6mm screws

already have ideas for new chassis braces/upper deck

cons: heavier

spur is huge

a little more custom work ($$$$)

also undecided on cc bec pro or receiver pack, wont decide until CC gets back to me. the bec set-up would keep the Cog lower because i could mount the XL2 on the chassis

strodedawg

after some more tinkering, i am going with the losi diff.

anyone know of a high powered BEC for car use? the castle one can't handle the reverse voltage on the brakes. :(

strodedawg

pics are going to be off for a a bit as the machine shop i am working with has started the process of making my parts. after i get the stuff back i can send the modded stock chassis to ol fart so he can replicate in his sturdier version

G

strodedawg said:
pics are going to be off for a a bit as the machine shop i am working with has started the process of making my parts. after i get the stuff back i can send the modded stock chassis to ol fart so he can replicate in his sturdier version
That will be cool. Can't wait to see. desismileys_2931.gif

strodedawg

little update, just ordered lipo

started making rear center dogbone, making two as i will need a spare. will be sent out to be hardened while other parts are completed

waiting on lipo before mounting center diff permanently

contacting rc-monster for a custom lipo/esc tray, but will be last on the list as the diff and bracing need to be finished first to check for space availablilty

lastly will be 7075rc diffcases and steering rack

so i guess my leopard 5698 and 7075rc motor mount needs to get gone....... ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts