• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075 hpi adapters help

bob c.

ok i have the hpi adapters and every time i run the truck one side will lock up and the wheels will come off the other side.i know this is because of the axel rotations.my question is how do i stop this from happening..the adapters only come with 2 set screws per axel and the holes don't line up on but 1 flat spot on the axel so i went and made another flat directly below the flat that lines up thinking this would solve the problem,but no it don't..any thoughts ?? thanks

G

I have never had that problem. The set screws have always lined up for me. Back the adaptor back out to get the flats lined up. Red loctite them and let dry overnight.

Ol' fart

OK. Tighten them all the way on finger tight. Then unscrew them so the a set screw hole lies up with the nearest flat.( the less you unscrew the better)

Put in a set screw with loc-tite the find the other flat and put the other set screw in. The reason for four set screw holes is so you will only have to unscrew it LESS than a quarte turn. Clear?

bob c.

ok thanks guys i will give it a try...but if you look at the xt axle one flat is just a bit away from the other and the adapter will only line up on one thats why i made another one

G

There is 4 set screws and two flats right? If one lines the next screw 90deg will line up also. The other two wont be necessary.

bob c.

the holes on the adapters are 1/4 apart but the two flats on the axle are not on the 1/4..could be a mishap from the factory ,has been known to happen..i think if i use red insted of blue loc-tite it might help.i was using blue didnt think about red until you guys mentioned...we will see how that works out with the new flats i made on the axle

G

The flats are supposed to be on the quarter. You might want to bust out the dremel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts