• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

5745s ONE OR TWO?

PISTOL PETE

MY STOCK SERVOS LASTED A WHOPPING 3 FEET. :mad:SERIOUSLY. 3 FEET! I HAD THE D/R TURNED WAY DOWN TOO SO THEY WERENT EVEN AT FULL EXTENT. ANYWAY I ORDERED TWO 5745s DO I NEED BOTH? ITS IN A MT PRO V3

PISTOL PETE

For Sure On The Reciever Pack. The Stock One Just Does Not Sit Right With Me-2000mah. Maybe Ill Use It For Some Headlights Or Something

hamster huey

I charged and cycled my 2000 on a team checkpoint charger and esily got 3+ tanks out of it. However it never lasted that long if I wall charged it. I tested my batts and I only use 480mah per tank. I run one 5745 connected directly to a 5cell 3000mah batt and one digital hitec st/br connected to the RX and a airtronics 2.4 FG to give you an idea of battery concumption. I have noticed that my single steering (1 year old) is maybe a little tired so Im converting to dual when my v3 gets here.

hamster huey

I take that back. One is working fine for me. My problem was the servo saver nut backed off making the steering soft. It alive and strong. Im gonna continue to use just one.

PISTOL PETE

hamster Huey said:
i Take That Back. One Is Working Fine For Me. My Problem Was The Servo Saver Nut Backed Off Making The Steering Soft. It Alive And Strong. Im Gonna Continue To Use Just One.
Will I Have To Mod My Holders For Them?

Deluge

You will have to modify the servo mounts. The 5745 mounting holes aren't as spread out as the stock servo. The bottom holes on the mount will work, it's the top ones you'll have an issue with. You can just cut that mount tab off and re-drill the new hole lower.

PISTOL PETE

Cool Sounds Simple Enough To Drill And Tap A Couple Holes If Needed. Thanks Guys

hamster huey

You can cut the tabs on the servo case instead of modifying the mount. Either way works. Servo mounts are cheap at Ramphopups, largerc, and daves. Servo cases are cheap at servo city. So don't be afriad.

PISTOL PETE

hamster huey said:
You can cut the tabs on the servo case instead of modifying the mount. Either way works. Servo mounts are cheap at Ramphopups, largerc, and daves. Servo cases are cheap at servo city. So don't be afriad.
i cut the servos. and put a bigger washer so it catches the case a little. its been working out good so far. thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts