• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

4WD or no?

blak__jak

I plan on reinforceing the body but want to strip the paint first. To many green-n-black mt's already. I'v'e got to be different. My ole lady always tells me I am a little that way anyway. Why prove her wrong?

G

I agree. I could never run a factory paint job?

blak__jak

Well the jury's back for me. Ran on nice new parking lot today and didn't like the way 2w/d drive handled at all. Hard to keep it from coming around on you off the line. Really got to ease into the gas and work your way up to keep from doing 180's. If your into donuts it's the way to go. I like to point and shoot myself. Just my penny because what I think isn't worth the two cents everybody else charges. It might be better in dirt don't know. I guess I'll be seeing shawn213 as soon as I can hide some more bucks from mama.

Deluge

Yeah, it takes a bit more concentration to drive a 2WD. If you master a 2WD, you can drive pretty much anything.

al240

Hi guys, While running the XT today I lost front wheel traction. The drive shaft is sitting there but the (don't laugh) thing the shaft sit's in is missing. The engin end. haha. Some kind of cup is it? Until I can work out the part and get another is it OK to run just rear wheel drive. Will it cause more damage? I am in New Zealand and will take a few weeks to get here. Regards Al (new to this hehe)

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yeah, it takes a bit more concentration to drive a 2WD. If you master a 2WD, you can drive pretty much anything.
Love the challenge of 2wd but also like 4wd too :D Got to get me a 1/5 scale 2wd soon I guess :D

G

al240 said:
Hi guys, While running the XT today I lost front wheel traction. The drive shaft is sitting there but the (don't laugh) thing the shaft sit's in is missing. The engin end. haha. Some kind of cup is it? Until I can work out the part and get another is it OK to run just rear wheel drive. Will it cause more damage? I am in New Zealand and will take a few weeks to get here. Regards Al (new to this hehe)
Drive cup. Most likely one of these. http://www.redcatracing.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3514/.f

al240

Hi Dad, looked on the Redcat site, I think it is (07146) center drive cup. do you think its OK to drive while I wait for shipping? Would hate to make more damage.Al:confused:

Deluge

al240 said:
Hi Dad, looked on the Redcat site, I think it is (07146) center drive cup. do you think its OK to drive while I wait for shipping? Would hate to make more damage.Al:confused:
Yes, you can run RWD. Have fun!

TerraKill

blak__jak said:
Being an older post don't know if anyone will even see this and come back but I was just wondering has anyone ever tried removing the back dogbone for front whell drive only. Would that take care of constant whellies and maybe turn better. Just wondering??
FwD is fun for about 10 mins, then you will get tired of the

constaint wheel spins (as theres no weight over the front wheels).

SUPER oversteer(torque steer) if you try and use throttle while steering

and no brakes.

it is fun, but you just get massive torque everywere! but it does pull out of corners nicly.

Rwd in my MT is VERY fun!!

and for onroad track use its proberly the fast's set up if you can have, if you can controll that back end.

But if you try to brake the back end usually locks up really easy then kicks out, so it does get annoying spinning out every other corner so eventually 4x4 wins the vote

and 4x4, well just speaks for itself!!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

al240 said:
It's fine to drive it that way. Just be careful as it will be harder to controle. Lots of fun with lots of donuts. :D

G

Deluge said:
Yep. I loved running my MT when it was RWD. But it's just not the same when you don't see all four tires kicking up dirt.
It is the best to see all four slinging dirt. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts