• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

3rd chan Pico

ParkerNT

I was about to install one of these last night...

http://innovativehobby.com/modified3rdchankillswitchfailsafe-pnp.aspx

I have a stupid question... how do I get the cover off the engine to get at the switch? I took the pull start cover and pull start off. I took all the screws out of the perimeter of the fan cover, but I can't get it to budge. I don't want to force it, but I think I might need to. I figured it would just fall off with all the screws out. There are five machine screws around the side and bottom and two self tapping screws at the top. Am I missing a screw somewhere?

Thanks!

Parker

hamster huey

Im away from my truck now so cant post pics. Take off the pullstart. Then there are 4? that go through the metal shroud into metal of the engine. There are 2 screws at the top of the metal shroud that go into the plastic head cover that I always miss. I bet thats them.

ParkerNT

Looking at replacement fan covers on DDM, it looks like I got all the screws... Got the two self tapping screws that go into the head cover, and there are five others that go into the engine. I don't know why it's not coming off. Like I said, I don't want to force it too much, but it's not budging. Do they put some kind of glue or seal on them?

Maybe I'm just being too gentle with it. Might need a bigger hammer lol

Parker

ParkerNT

Ahh... So there is a screw that goes into the backside of the fan cover? I'll look for it and see what happens. I thought I was missing something.

Thanks

Parker

Evildomain

Contributor
I have one screw that holds a bracket for the fuel line on the opposite side of the shroud.

It holds the plastic cover on too.

Last edited by a moderator:

yolonda21

Contributor
There is2 more on the under side of the chassis....... Motor mount screws, then it will come off.... :)

ParkerNT

Thanks for all the replies :)

I found those two mounting screws on the underside last night after I looked again. I didn't think the fan cover had anything to do with the engine mounts, but looks like it does.

Checked the tracking info and looks like my Rhino servos were delivered yesterday along with the direct wiring harness. Looks like I know what my plans are for tonight after work :)

Ordered some Killer Kables last week too, so I'm almost done with the upgrades and ready to really get down and dirty with it :D

Parker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts