• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

$21 Screw?! Help Me Please!

hamster huey

Ok I doubt Im the first but if I am I wont be the last! I gave my Ramp an inspection and noticed a broken screw head. I tried to dremel a slot to remove it w/a flat head screwdriver but its stuck. Ok now Im looking for the part # of the part the screw is stuck in. Its the metal shaft that goes through the steering rack. The only thing I can find that might be it is the whole steering rack assembly part number 50012 which is $21! Thats expensive for a broken screw head. But if thats it I guess it does come with 2 of those shafts and a bunch of extra parts but man I just want the shaft! Doe anyone know if 50012 comes with the shaft I need? If not what is the shafts part #? a)Im mad its $21 to fix but its fixed or b)I spend $21 on the rack and it doesn't come with the part I need! Help!

yolonda21

Contributor
I just did the same thing......that piece dos'nt come with the servo saver....and they don't sell it seperate....What you have to do is get the upgade kit, it comes with larger one for the rear, then you will have spares from the rear....k

hamster huey

Holy crap! Youre right! Why is this part not available though? Like you said yolanda I only have the 2 spares from the rear of the chassis if I use the upgrade kit! Im putting this in Robs suggestions! We are going to eventually run out of these and need more! Thank you!

Piranha2

Contributor
Yeah, I had one of the screws break on this shaft and dremmeled it out till I read this post and realize I have spares.......THANKS Yolanda!!!

DemonRC

Did the same thing. Slotting is a PITA. Try drilling it with a small bit and hammering a appropriate size allen into it for removal. Or use an easy-out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts