• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 speed transmission

reefertech

maybe im just a little lazy today, but cant find any info on a dependable 2 speed tranny for the Chimera. found one 2 speed for sale on ebay that's it. anybody have any thoughts , opinions, experiences, nightmares ect? also would like one for baja 5t but heard nothing but horror stories as far as the one way bearing is concerned.

RampageHopUps

No, I never felt the need for a 2 speed. I have big engines and tuned exhaust.

Its a great sound when it shifts, but even worse sound when it doesn;t.

carp boyz

Banned
RampageHopUps said:
No, I never felt the need for a 2 speed. I have big engines and tuned exhaust.Its a great sound when it shifts, but even worse sound when it doesn;t.
sounds like the demon two speeds are known for not shifting then!

Jonny5

Dose anyone have any info on when they will be in stock at demonrc.com. according to his homepage he should have had them available like 3-4 weeks ago. I sent an emails to him over a week ago to see if their were any updates but got no response

Ice_2k

2 speed transmission

Same here, tried multiple ways of getting in touch, no dice. Please post here if you find out anything.

Ice_2k

I noticed the demon rc website mentions "If your A/B/C/D gears are mounted using the 4 pin setup instead of mounting on the traditional square, your main layshaft will be too short to mount the 2 speed's D gear. You will need the traditional Rampage layshaft (Part#: 50024) and install it before installing the 2 speed.".

Two quick questions about this:

1. How do I find out if I have the "4 pin setup"? I have no idea what that is.

2. Is that part (#50024) a direct fit or are there any other changes required?

RampageHopUps

Square drive--

or Pin Drive

Ice_2k

I got it, thanks! But will the layshaft recommended there be a direct fit to my car, if I have the 4-pin setup?

Ice_2k

Thanks guys! Now only if DemonRC would be back in business so I can order one :) )

Jonny5

Take the b and c gear off. It their is 4 pins interlocking them u have 4 pin type. If you have a square inside of the 2 gears locking them together you have square type. If u have 4 pins you need to order the lay shaft. If u have square type you need nothing else.

Ice_2k

It depends on how you gear it... if top speed is your only concern and you're willing to sacrifice your launch, you can go up to 35% faster than your stock gearing (I'm basing my calculations on the Dunerunner gear ratio, it will be different if you have an MT or something else) which, considering a slightly tuned engine (pipe, carb) comes up close to 60mph.

newkidXT

has anyone gotten ahold of demon RC yet? ive emailed him about 6 times, haha then realized something probably has to be up? seems theres a bunch of people wanting his 2 speed trannys and hes not getting back to anyone?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts