• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 Speed transmission problem

Wayne

I have the Demon 2 speed transmission. The one way bearing (part 420) locked causing my transmission to come to an abrupt halt at half throttle. As a result the 1st and 2nd Speed Spurs were frozen together and would not spin independently. I separated the gears and the one way bearing fell out in pieces. It seemed fragile. I was hoping I could replace the one way bearing alone. I am unsure if I have to purchase the 83T 1st Speed Spur (part 432) with the bearing to solve my problem. I was also unsure if I should replace the 2nd Speed Spur (part 433) because it now has a worn shaft were the bearing would spin. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

rcgasser

Looks as if the one way bearing is out of stock you probably email demon on the problem he is good about answering emails back.

DemonRC

I sent him an email. Just so you guys know, we use an 14x20x16 one-way bearing which can be purchased from almost every bearing supply website. Once we get some more bearings in I will put some aside for individual sale. Right now we pre-press them in the 35T 1st speed gears since we have the equipment to do so. Just be sure not to hammer on that bearing or it'll get damaged easily. Use a socket of the same diameter to remove the old one. A standard bench vise can be used for installing a new one if you do not have an arbor press handy.

Oh another method that works very well is a 3/8" hex head carriage bolt, 2 large washers and a nut.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts