• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 Speed Gear Ratios

biggo

I have the dune runner v3.
Looking to get the 2 speed transmission and could use some suggestions on gearing. I'd like some nice low end with plenty on the top end. Any help much appreciated.

biggo

Also, I don't have issue with trying different ratios, just wanted suggestions on a good starting point. I miss the shifting of my nitros. I could pull them out, but, 1/5 is much more fun.

Mechanic

I tried working with that Ebay seller and had serious communication issues. My questions on ratios were never answered other than an additional gear was $40. He would sell alot more if he made things clear. I asked him for the lowest 1st gear and he gave me a ratio four numbers up the chart which didn't make sense to me. I asked if we could pick any two ratios off the chart and he vaguely implied any one gear ratio. This made me think I was actually picking the final drive ratio set and not 1st and 2nd gears like you think you would. Never got a direct answer to that either and I abandoned the purchase because I didn't understand what I was buying. If someone knows better, please post it up. I need this type of trans for a special project I am building or I wouldn't bother.

biggo

I tried working with that Ebay seller and had serious communication issues. My questions on ratios were never answered other than an additional gear was $40. He would sell alot more if he made things clear. I asked him for the lowest 1st gear and he gave me a ratio four numbers up the chart which didn't make sense to me. I asked if we could pick any two ratios off the chart and he vaguely implied any one gear ratio. This made me think I was actually picking the final drive ratio set and not 1st and 2nd gears like you think you would. Never got a direct answer to that either and I abandoned the purchase because I didn't understand what I was buying. If someone knows better, please post it up. I need this type of trans for a special project I am building or I wouldn't bother.

@M
echanic I haven't ordered as of yet, but I think this link may shed some light on the gear ratio options. I am also doing a project and I had to order some other parts first. I will probably order next month. Rebuilding my Dunerunner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts