Traxxas Summit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traxxas Summit

I got a new Traxxas Summit....it's all stock except for the new trenchers on split 6 rims....this thing is big and sweet!

Looks good! I have a brushless E-Maxx and it needs a new tire/wheel set. I was looking at either the Tech 5/Trencher combo, or the Desperado/Trencher combo.

Comment

I am getting 24mm hex adapters to run these.....
      http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBNAH
      not because it makes a lot of sense but because I can! They would look nice with a white/orange strip body too

Comment

Looks tuff nice truck.

Comment

I don't really follow Traxxas stuff, haven't seen that one yet. I really like the idea of a roll cage on the outside of the body....that's real genius!

Now to figure out a way to do that with my MT and nylon rod. (yeah right someday maybe on my long list of potential projects )

Comment

I don't really follow Traxxas stuff, haven't seen that one yet. I really like the idea of a roll cage on the outside of the body....that's real genius!

Now to figure out a way to do that with my MT and nylon rod. (yeah right someday maybe on my long list of potential projects )
            An external cage would be great since the cost of the large scale bodies is so high.

Comment

+1 on the roll cage...it is awesome. But it works for a 1/10th scale....so probably not on a 35lb. 1/5 scale

Comment

Well now you need to go look at this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1333642

It's called a Tonka summit. It's an FPV system put into a 70's Tonka land cruiser which is then dropped onto the summit platform. I've done mine with en emaax complete with an Indiana Jones ken doll size driver

Comment

Cool link Heavy! at first I thought you meant the steel bodies tonka dump trucks....those would be cool on the summit platform....and a bit top heavy

Comment

love the summit, very cool... i've been planning on a brushless summit myself. i have a revo 2.5 converted to brushless and a brushless e-maxx also, both are so much fun and great for letting my daughter and friends run. i also jus got the same wheel/tire combo you have, but it's way to big for my revo, looks like i need a summit to use them on

Comment

The summit is neat because you can lock and unlock the diffs remotely from the TX, wish my emaxx could do that

Comment

Nice choice!! Pretty close to my setup. I have a Summit as well, Have the trenchers on the tek 5's. I also upgraded to brushless, got a tekin sensored truggy motor 1700kv and its now great for bashing and crawling. Excellent all around truck.

The exo cage helps ALOT, I have destroyed 3 bodies on my other vehicles while the summit doesnt have one crack yet. In fact i sold most of my other trucks I liked it so much. Believe it or not I was not a huge fan of traxxas.

Comment

Working...
                        X