Redcat Rampage XSC Bodies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redcat Rampage XSC Bodies

Has anyone changed the body on the 5th scale short course truck by Redcat with a Woodster Lidz "SCT" 5SC Wide Body or any other brand like HPI, Pro-Line, etc..... I really like the other bodies and the new Pro-Line Trencher tires I have on my truck doesn't allow the factory body to fit back on properly without sitting on the front and rear tires, they are huge. I saw these tires on a Losi 5ive but I didn't realize how much bigger the Losi body is to the Redcat Rampage XSC truck body. Or without changing the body how can I raise the body post past they're max height to allow clearance for the tires?

Easyest thing to do would be to just trim the wheel arches on the stock body. And reinforce the body with shoe goo. Grafli make awesome bodies to RC pitstop stocks them. Welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the response I did trim the wheel wells a little and its not enough I still need height clearance body scrubs the tires and I'm afraid if the truck jumps and comes down the tires will hit the body and damage it.

Comment

Rcpitstop also has the pro line desert rat body... it looks pretty sweet too... and for much less

He has a bad a$$ one pre-painted with a redbull theme.

Comment

Originally posted by blkjackrider View Post
          Has anyone changed the body on the 5th scale short course truck by Redcat with a Woodster Lidz "SCT" 5SC Wide Body or any other brand like HPI, Pro-Line, etc..... I really like the other bodies and the new Pro-Line Trencher tires I have on my truck doesn't allow the factory body to fit back on properly without sitting on the front and rear tires, they are huge. I saw these tires on a Losi 5ive but I didn't realize how much bigger the Losi body is to the Redcat Rampage XSC truck body. Or without changing the body how can I raise the body post past they're max height to allow clearance for the tires?
          You could get some aluminum tube or similar to sleeve the posts. You just cut the posts and use the sleeve to extend them. The woodster would be to long for the XSC.
          The Trenchers are a big tire. Are you running all fronts? What wheel adapters are you using?

Comment

Someone else suggested aluminum tube but I'm not sure were to buy it and I have front and rear Pro-Line tires, I'm using the RAMTech-RC 24mm X-Series to Baja Wheel Adapters.

Comment

The rears are really wide. The RAMTech adapters are the extended style which mount the wheel outward. It will be hard to get those to tuck in the fenders. I run 5b fronts on the narrow 7075RC adapters and they barely tuck under the huge Grafil SC body.
              The trencher is a great tire though...
              You would have better luck running all front trenchers on the narrower wheel adapters.

Comment

You can get 1/2 aluminum tubing at Lowes. The ID of that tube is a tight fit for the OD of your body posts. Just cut your posts in half drill holes in tubing and your good to go. Here's a pic of what it looks like.
                Last edited by blak__jak; 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Welcome! Great advice posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by Guantanamo Joe View Post
                    Rcpitstop also has the pro line desert rat body... it looks pretty sweet too... and for much less

I vote for the Proline as I love mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Guantanamo Joe View Post

Thanks,
                      They are a tough body for sure. I like how they look on the XT & MT also.

Comment

It's a nice body.

Comment

Easy body to paint and make look great!
                          Last edited by RCDAD; 09-19-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Is that a question?

Comment

There ya go. One haned typing going on. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X