23cc->29cc Carb settings change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23cc->29cc Carb settings change?

Hey guys, got my TT and decided to instantly up from a 23cc to 29cc headkit. Install was as easy as pie, compared to working on my 5b. I havent ran a drop fo fuel through it yet, so all the carb settings are bone stock. Should I try and run it there or richen up even more? I know the factory setting would be fine for the 23cc, but they seem like itd be leaner on a 29CC engine. Or is my thinking screwed up at this hour of the morning? Dont wanna f.u.b.a.r. my engine right off the bat.

Also once Rob gets a body in stock(2 weeks), ill have the truggy conversion done, ill post pics up then. Done a few DIY mods you guys might like.

i believe you should be able to run it in the way it is, but you may have to lean out just ba hair to keep it going nicly
    sigpic

Comment

I use the same initial settings as a the stock 23 and 26 cy (H-1.5, L-1.25). Then lean a bit. I run 25:1 oil/gas on a 28.5. For a great jet tuning guide check out davesmotors.com , click on support, look for the subject "how should I adjust the jets..." about 2/3 the way down on the page.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X