Killer bee question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer bee question?

Looking to get a killer bee kill switch for my mt. But the guy at the rc store said it would not run with my traxxas 2.4 2 channel. Is that true. His said that I need a aftermarket remote.

I believe it would work with a traxxas 2 channel. You would just have to get a "Y" cable splitter for your servo wire. You would plug the servo into one side of the Y and the super bee into the other. To kill your engine you would just shut off your transmitter.

Comment

Someone posted the other day about having problems splitting in w/a servo. Use the bind port instead. Killer rc makes a kill switch for nitros.

Comment

I got this response, when I e-mailed killer r/c about if the super bee would work with my traxxas link 2.4.

Sorry. No kill switches will work during a radio glitch with Traxxas radios. But they will kill the engine via the Aux channel Button, and during low or dead battery.

Thanks,
        Kent

I hope that helps.
        Last edited by REVOlutionary Rampage; 04-22-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lamarw1981 View Post
          Looking to get a killer bee kill switch for my mt. But the guy at the rc store said it would not run with my traxxas 2.4 2 channel. Is that true. His said that I need a aftermarket remote.
          If I recall correctly, you'll need a 3 channel system with a Killer Bee.

I'm using the Traxxas TQi 2.4 system. And the Killer Bee does work with the Traxxas 2.4 equipment, you need to disable the Killer Bee glitch protection. Low voltage protection is not affected. I've deliberately ran out of range and the TQi failsafe put the servos at neutral. And found out the hard way that a Hero3 GoPro mounted on the DR and set to WiFi causes glitches that causes the Traxxas system to go to neutral. So there is pretty good glitch protection built into the Traxxas radio. But the main reason to have a remote ignition kill switch is to kill the engine incase of a throttle servo failure. The TQi is a 5 channel system, so the Killer Bee has it's own channel. I have it assigned to the toggle switch on the top of the TX. Hand off the wheel and swipe the top of the TX, engine dies.

TQ systems with the red rocker switch normally used for reverse are 3 channel systems. I tried that channel, but when things get intense I've bumped that switch.
          Last edited by Chief409; 04-22-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

The Killer Bee works fine with a 2ch radio also.

Comment

Wow great thanks for all the info. I would hate it if I put all of my money into my car and total it u know.

Comment

Chief, does yours kill the engine if you turn off the transmitter power (creating a radio glitch)? That's the main issue in question. I haven't tested ALL Traxxas radios, but most seem to be incompatible during a glitch. It's just how they designed the receiver. No way to change it. Unless they have added the feature of having failsafe control on the Aux channels? If so, You could make the Aux failsafe tell the Super Bee to kill the engine.
                Last edited by pb2themax; 04-23-2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X